AR + APIs: Experiments in Failing

 

This week was not good.

I spent about 24 hours just fighting operating systems and software updates only to not get my AR experience onto the iPhone. I was getting a ‘product_name’ error.

At that point, I decided to just try to modify your code to try and put my own image target there, which worked.

From there, I built my AR experience from scratch again (despite numerous Unity issues) and tried to modify this code to get some interaction with the weather API. However, I felt like my Unity scripts were running into recognition issues — it seemed Unity wasn’t recognizing my Game Objects.

All in all, I felt like I fought inane details as opposed to learning how to actually call API’s in Unity.

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *